Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Recycled vintage phones by C. Reinke-FANCY PHONES





FANCY PHONES BY:

recycled vintage dial phone by C.Reinke RING POP candy wrappers.Kitsch at its best
zoom
Candy wrappers and handmade silkscreen and glitter papers with glass beaded trim have been used in this vintage dial phone that still works.I have always loved using candy wrappers in my work, as can be seen in this suitcase for sale .See below.

Candy wrappers are filled with so much color and I have reused them rather than throw them away. My daughters love ring pops and this was the inspiration for this phone.I also incorporated gum lemon heads, jaw breakers and other candy wrappers. I used these wonderful papers hand made from India. Glass bead trim and a couple of bubbles finish it off.

I will have my web site up and running soon so you can learn more about me and my art.

BUY GREEN!
Recyled  large vintage  1940's suitcase withcolorful candy wrappers and handmade papers
zoom
Vintage 1940 's collage suitcase, square design. Handmade papers and candy wrappers topped off with lots of star glitter. This is a personal favorite. the inside is finished off also with papers and glitter. Note the wonderful brass hardware.

Candy delight dimensions 25 ½ long 16 tall, and 8 wide.


recycled rotary Phone by artist C. Reinke
zoom
t
Recycling old rotary phones is a true passion of mine. My daughter gave me the idea of using candy wrappers and I loved it. They all work. I love them because 1) I can always find them when they ring and 2) they never lose battery power. and then 3) they make a great conversation piece and add to your decorum. I have used acid free glues with the handmade silk screened papers , I have finished it off with varnish.
Recycled vintage phone by C. Reinke Asian Nights
zoom
layers of handmade silkscreen papers from India with Asian symbols and motifs are used on this vintage altered phone that still works.Acrylic Paints have been used to blend this OOAK design into a cohesive work of art.
FUNKY skull recycled vintage dial phone by C.Reinke  lots of kitsch sparkle
zoom
Working 1960s/70s powder blue hand held dial phone by GTE has lots of holographic glitters applied to handle while dancing funky funny skeleton heads with plastic rhinestone eyes smile back.

This phone works.It is prefect as an accent piece in your home decor or office

I have had a phone that was featured on regretsy ( a site that pokes fun at unusual art and handmade, its being roasted!! ) which after sold for $175.oo to a New Yorker! Phones are one of my passions and specialties.

BUY GREEN!




recycled vintage dial button phone by M. Reinke.
zoom

hundreds of vintage buttons of bright colors have been used on this lovely dial phone that is still in working condition.Many of the buttons used are precious and collectibles, at every turn you can get lost in just looking at each individual. My daughter made this phone and I am very impressed. She outdid me! It is the finest phone in the collection. 20 hours of time were spent on this project and $100.oo in material costs alone. These buttons came from a vintage collection of Funky Findz, she deliberately choose each button and its placement with my thought and deliberation div





READ ALL ABOUT this PHONE THAT FEATURED ON REGRETSY here

and the update IS REGRETSY FRIEND OR FOE OF ETSY?







Posted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment